Friday, April 29, 2011

Update from Kona!

Hi everyone,
I know that I have been really bad about keeping in contact with you all and I'm sorry! Hopefully this blog will help me to keep you updated on what I'm up to here in Kona. :)


First of all, it is so beautiful here! Warm, lots of beautiful flowers, and the beaches.. Whoa. Crystal clear water and white sand. It's amazing. You can get a glimpse on my facebook. Being here is still kind of surreal. I can't believe I'm in such an awesome place. I love Hawaii! :P 


So, now that you're all jealous ;) I'll tell you that YWAM is not easy. The first week I had to get used to being in a totally new place and living with strangers. I also am having to learn to totally step out of my comfort zone. I have 5 roommates from all over the place (Norway,  Korea, Australia, Arkansas, Chicago). They're pretty cool. I like them :) 2 of them are in PA (Performing Arts) with me. During week 2 we had auditions for singing, dancing, and acting. I tried them all. If you're surprised right now then you can join the club. I was surprised myself! lol. I don't usually sing and act voluntarily in front of people. It was fun but lets just say that I will be dancing, and only dancing during the show ;) haha. So far I'm in a hula dance and a modern/ballet dance. Today we had auditions for a dance called Saroch (spelling?). It's a partner dance that's kind of a mix between salsa and swing I guess..? Anyways, it's lots of fun! There are also other dance auditions coming up. This last week has been extremely busy! We started practices and I don't have much free time. This week an average day for me consists of worship and lecture from 8:00-12:00, practice from 1:30-3:00,  and sometimes another practice from 3:00-4:00 or from 6:30-8:00, I also eat and all that good stuff in between :P YWAM is not easy but it really is amazing here. Everyone, especially my fellow PA students and staff, is starting to feel like family. People are so open, encouraging, and supportive here. It's a great atmosphere. And, most importantly, I am learning so much about myself and the ways of God. I am hoping to share some of what I've learned with you in later blogs. I wish you could all experience life here though! It is such a life changing experience and I feel so blessed to be here. God has been so faithful and by his grace my lecture fee has been completely paid off! :) Next up is outreach fee. I have no worries that God is not going to provide. 


That's all for now! Thank you for your prayers and support! Please continue to pray for us here. We leave for Japan in 9 weeks! I miss and love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment